On 03/05/2014 00:59, ewkeh...@aol.com wrote:
Welcome to the nuts Tony

Thanks, Bert.

You are not specifying exactly how accurate time has to be but in my book
and based on tests the most reasonable priced GPS with 1 pps is a Ublox 6M
that  you can get with antenna for less than $ 22 antenna included from
_www.DX.com_ (http://www.DX.com) . They have volume discount. Shipping is very
slow but included. They seem to be presently out of the 1 pps version but
all ublox units have a 1 pps output and I use with and without and all I do is
  solder a wire to pin 3.
Bert Kehren

As I said in my first post I'd like to achieve an accuracy of better than 100ns - or 50ns if possible at reasonable cost.

I had come across the Ublox 6M when I was looking earlier, but I misunderstood the data sheet and thought it was only the expensive ($135) LEA/NEO-6T versions which provided timing. Definitely worth a closer look - the NEO-6M is specced at 30ns RMS which is good enough. The power consumption is a little higher than I would have liked at 37mA/3V, but still rather less than others.

Thanks,
      Tony