Hi Jim:

It turns out that ground water that's being pumped is very similar to pumping
oil.  It's a limited resource.
There's a web page showing the GRACE satellite maps of California and that we
are running out of ground water.
This isn't the page, but gives the idea:
http://www.cnyo.org/2014/08/19/nasa-space-place-droughts-floods-and-the-earths-gravity-by-the-grace-of-nasa/

So depending on ground water as a stable heat sink may no longer be an option
as wells go dry.
It's been many years since the local water company has quit installing new
meters.

Mail_Attachment --
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke