Am 29.11.2014 um 19:08 schrieb Thomas S. Knutsen:

Yeah, that's a good way to completely avoid the issue.  Since I'm the only
target audience for my efforts, then I don't mind the extra components.
I'm beginning to realize, as I get deeper into building my own stuff, that
a VNA is quite a desireable piece of equipment.  Unfortunately, I'll have
to make use of my spectrum analyzer and RLC meters instead.

Ok, I volunteer to measure the S21 of a dc-force-fed T1-1 or T4-1 next weekend, when
I'm back home.  (DG8SAQ VNWA and / or W&G TSA-2)
Really, on osc, a voltmeter and a DC source are enough.

Brr. (its probably cold up here in the north :)
Thomas LA3PNA.

Not only there. I was this afternoon for 3 hours with a motor bike on the
Suebian Alp in southern Germany, just 3°C above the freezing point.
The last half hour was not so pleasant.

regards, Gerhard, dk4xp