Hal wrote:

What are you going to do with data from the line accurate to 1 microsecond?

Me? Nothing. I don't find the meanderings of the mains frequency all that interesting, aside from observing them from time to time via the sweep second hand of a synchronous wall clock. But lots of other folks do (including our fearless leader, tvb), and they like being able to correlate grid events to single-digit uS (lightning strikes, sections of the grid going out, etc.). That said, I didn't slave away trying to get the ZCD jitter below 1uS -- I anticipated that it would be, just because there's nothing in the design to prevent it, so I wasn't surprised when it worked out that way.

Best regards,

Charles

Everything works if you let it.
     Corpus C. Redfish