Nick wrote:

Well, that all puts the nail in the coffin, then. If better ones are cheaper, then I am wasting my time. I don't know how I missed them when I was searching for one a few weeks ago. All I found were manufactures not listing actual prices and eBay listings for used ones.

I did not mean to suggest that all of the GPSDOs I listed are new. The first two are newly manufactured (although the second one contains a surplus OCXO). The third and fourth are used surplus units (I do not count that against them -- arguably the best time-nuts GPSDO of all time is the Trimble Thunderbolt. TBolts were readily available as surplus ten years ago, but are scarce and expensive these days). The last one on the list is surplus, but the units currently available were never commissioned -- they are brand new in the original packing.

I wasn't trying to kill the project, just to give some perspective. Depending on your primary interest (learning about oscillator disciplining, or selling gizmos with short development cycles), there is still much to be learned if you persevere -- and the possibility exists that several dozen revisions down the road you may have a gizmo that *does* justify being offered for sale. The particular design issues related to GPS disciplining just do not lend themselves to a quick learning and development curve.

Best regards,

Charles