Hi,

No, the black plastic around ICs isn't black by chance.
Einstein got his Nobel price on the photoelectric effect, which is relevant in this case.

A few years ago I assisted in modifying a camera for an amateur astronomer. Among the modifications, one was to turn of power for a pre-amplifier, as the biased amplifier was also emitting a faint infrared light that the sensor picked up and accumulated causing a redish gradient over the whole screen - mathcing the radiation pattern from the on-chip amplifier. By only powering on the amplifier before read-out significantly reduced the effect to essentially zero.