Perhaps some where sold with OCXO only and never had an onboard timebase on the main board. I have messed about with about a dozen 5335's and all had an onboard timebase on the main board.

I guess the variations of near endless.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On 2016-05-17 21:38, Tom Holmes wrote:
For some reason it did not have an internal timebase when I got it, and
throws an error, UNLESS you have an external 10 MHz connected before you
turn it on. Then it works fine.

Please contact off list for details,

AND if you happen to be in Dayton, OH, this weekend for a little ham radio
swap fest with a mere 25,000 people attending, no shipping required.

AND there will be at least a few known time-nuts in town if anyone wants to
meet up. Make yourself known to John at the TAPR booth.

Tom Holmes, N8ZM