It's been pointed out to me that I didn't understand the function of the 1PPS
of a time standard.  I confess that somehow I had confused the term to be
timing standard; which would be an entirely different thing.  But, this is
time-nuts, so I should have realized...
Anyway, is there a standard, or at least an accepted practice, for how holdover
is handled in a time standard?  Not "how it's done", as in algorithms, but what
is expected by the user.  I can see at least 2 ways: time warping (which would
be especially bad if the time standard had gotten ahead in time) and nudging
back to the correct time.  The case of warping is obvious.  But, are there
other methods, and is there some standard for how quickly the time output of
the time standard, and of course the 1PPS pulse, is nudged back to the correct
time?
Bob - AE6RV