On 10/26/2016 1:00 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
On 10/26/2016 8:59 AM, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
I may have the opportunity to build a small "clock room" and am
considering whether I could make it an environmentally controlled space.
 I'd like to learn about the options for doing this.

The space would probably be 6x8 feet or so, in a basement with one
outside wall.

I'm lost with the basic concept here.  Help me understand this.

This room would be a large closet in my basement where two racks of various OCXO, Rb, Cs live. There wouldn't be a lot of in-and-out traffic. I'm not looking for 0.01 degree regulation -- <1 degree C and a few percent humidity throughout the year seems a reasonable goal.

What I envisioned was a very small heat pump or other heating/air-con unit coupled with some sort of proportional control. I just don't know where to start looking for that, or what other issues to be thinking about.

(I know the way time-nuts think, and I recall the great ideas posted here in the past about using an old refrigerator, or burying standards in a deep hole -- but this would be wrapped into a bigger construction project that I'm going to be managing from a distance, so I need to keep it fairly straight-forward.)

Thanks, all!

John
----