Hi

> On Jan 14, 2017, at 12:44 PM, jimlux <jim...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> On 1/14/17 8:35 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> I also believe that ping data is one way to come up with an upper bound on
>> just how awful WiFi timing can be.  If others have a similar single shot
>> measure
>> of WiFi round trip that can be run on a wide range of devices, I’d certainly
>> be just
>> as interested in that.
>>

> does software like netstumbler and such have lower level diagnostic
> measurements?
>
> There's a variety of apps for my phones that provide some info on WiFi
> networks, but I think it's all sort of in the "received signal strength" kind
> of level.  I've not seen anything for timing.  But that's not to say that it
> doesn't exist.

Before this all headed off into the weeds, it *was* a topic looking for more
info on WiFi based timing enhancements. We still do not seem to have any real
input on that side of it.
Hopefully somebody will pipe in at some point with real info on what the WiFI
chipset guys are trying to do. At some point I would think it’s got to be made
public ….

Bob