Hi Attila,

On 04/09/2017 10:29 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:
On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 10:37:07 +0200
Magnus Danielson <mag...@rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

Also, you don't really need to keep the bands fully separate in their
mixed-down form, since they do not correlate except for the P(Y), but
keeping enough frequency difference, such that doppler shift does not
remove correlation margin, they remain uncorrelated. Some of the
literature pay much attention to the band not wrapping around the
band-edge, but I'm not convinced it is such a big issue.

If part of the signal wraps because you are at the bandedge,
then you lose this part of the signal and the part it wraps over.
This is due to the signal coherently overlapping in frequency space.
As far as I understood the math, there isn't a way to seperate them
again (at least there isn't any I am aware of). Thus this signal energy
is lost for the decoding process.

Your generated signal would have the same wrapping. A single bit sampler would be feasible to loose in, but for multibit ADCs I'm more skeptic.