On 6/6/17 4:26 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
--------

OCXO's have specified temperature ranges for instance
-40...+70°C for the heavy duty stuff.

But I cant imagine the ovens used are so perfect that they have the
same regulation performance at all temperatures.

I can choose the exterior temperature, which I should prefer ?

Disregard aging of electronics and materials, we all know that
stuff, what I'm interested in is at which exterior temperature
OCXO ovens work best ?

Here's my guess...

1) you want minimal gradients across the device for a variety of reasons
2) therefore you want least amount of heat from the heater
3) therefore somewhat below the setpoint of the heater.

How far below? I've no idea.