On 09/02/2017 02:57 PM, Clay Autery wrote:
Having decision-making problems for the materials for my GPS main
feedline.  Going to use a TM LMR stock, just can't decide how big to go
with it...

26 dB 5vdc antenna on top of a 38 foot mast.  Feed will come down the
inside/center of mast and exit near the bottom, thence routed through a
window and to the GPS distro amp. Antenna will feed GPSDO, NTP Server,
Blitzortung System Blue station, and one other device TBD.

I'd appreciate your recommendation and reasoning. Thanks in advance!

73,

Clay, you may wish to consider using a quality RG-6 with F connectors. Grounding blocks are readily available for the base of your mast and the entrance to your house. Also, off-the-shelf over-voltage protectors (Zap-Tech) are available. I even found an F-to-N adapter for the antenna on Amazon. Watch out for the ones with metric N threads though.

For my 25 meter run I was going to use an existing one inch Heliax, but pulled a run of Belden RG-6 instead after learning that Trimble used RG-6.

It worked well directly connected to a Trimble Thunderbolt; now it is connected to a Symmetricon 58535A GPS L1 distribution amplifier.

My Blitzortung System Red station has been running fine in my attic (Michigan) on a Motorola 97 Oncore patch antenna fastened against the roof underside. It is looking through wood, shingles, and nails (and a tree and antennas and utility lines).

How are you planning to do strain-relief on the vertical run of coax inside of your mast?

Mike - AA8K