I know this is going to sound dumb as I know many GPSDOs had rubidium
oscillators in them.  I can see why, in that during holdover, they would tend
to be more stable vs others, but given that there is a direct mathematical
relationship between the rubidium frequency and potentially the 10Mhz desired
output frequency, why do they have to be disciplined or better yet, what
advantage does it bring?  Also, I can see how you discipline a DOCXO with the
external voltage, how do you discipline a rubidium?  Pulse stretching?

I guess I don’t understand how the technology works, but it seems like an RF
signal is swept that would be used to detect a dip at a pretty well defined
frequency.  This dip can be used to discipline the oscillator to something like
9Ghz or a factor of what, 900+ times better than 10Mhz.  So wouldn’t that be
able to get your desired 10Mhz to 10,000,000.001 or pretty much my level of
measurement?  Or does is the dip not quite that precise?  If you can point me
to a write-up on this I’ll go away.

Thanks to Gilbert for providing me with at least one rubidium oscillator that
is working out of 5 though 2 others seems to stay locked for a few hours during
my testing.

Jerry