Well, if you haven’t selected a DDS and you need I/Q, I would go with the tried
and true 9854 as it has I/Q outputs and I thought a 12bit DAC so the resulting
spurs and sfdr are lower than other chips, or were, as I think they have 14bit
DACs on other chips now.  It also depends on the highest frequency range needed
and power requirements as they all seem to run hot.  There is a new DDS, a 9910
I think, that uses a 14bit DAC but it is a single output and would need to sync
clocks if you need I/Q.  I have used the 9854 with PIC, Arduino and STM32 and
assuming the frequency range is ok, I found it to be the better of the chips.
I don’t think they have a replacement for it (I/Q with 14bit DAC would be
great) but I haven’t looked lately.

The language is C but I think it has C++ and C# compilers out there.  Also,
once you have the code tested on the Arduino you can just run it on the
equivalent AVR chip and build your own board.  I don’t think there is a license
or runtime compiler issue and if there is, I remember seeing a GNU compiler for
the AVRs and Arduino.  My only point is that for prototyping and testing, the
Arduino seems to be the easiest with tons of support and many, many adapters
and I/O,  The STM32 boards are faster but the learning curve is just
unbelievable.  It took me months to master those boards compared to minutes for
the Arduino.

Jerry