I had similar symptoms with LH and T-Bolt. The cause was the serial port. As I change the serial port HW on computer site - T-Bolt was back to track. it was interesting enough that other devices was OK with initial Serial port HW.

On 2017-12-19 17:20, Dan Rae wrote:
I've been trying to get LH (V5) to control and set position for the
GPS board in one of my GPSDOs.  It is a Trimble "Lassen Ace III" Rx
according to itself.  LH auto detects it quickly enough, reports it
as a TSIP receiver but then shows a screen saying "LOG: OFF", a blank
graph grid and nothing much else.  No data apparently, so how did it
autodetect?

I've been beating my head against this for two days; it used to work
fine but since a tantalum went on the TTL to RS232 convertor (since
replaced along with the receiver itself just in case) it won't perform
for me.   LH performs fine for all the other units here as it always
has and the Trimble Monitor program works on this one.

I'd really appreciate someone telling me gently what stupid thing I'm
doing or not doing :^)

Thanks,

Dan - ac6ao

WBW,