The location at 55N, 5W, isn't ideal, there's quite a large hole to the north
but this isn't something I've seen here before with any other GPS module or
GPSDO.

When first noticed I'm sure it was whilst tracking six or seven sats, it was
certainly five or more, which is why I commented in the first place, it was
only later I thought there might be some correlation with it tracking low
numbers.

There doesn't seem to be any adjustment for elevation mask on these, at least
not via Lady H, but I've switched now from a flat survey antenna to a
Symmetricom pod on a stub mast, so I can cheat a bit and angle it south
slightly:-)

It'll take some time to build up a picture of the effect of that but it's
tracking 8 sats at the moment.
Inmarsat-3, PRN120, seems to have joined in the mix now and keeps popping on
and off the bottom of the list but I'm not sure whether or not that could
contribute anything useful anyway.

Nigel, GM8PZR