Hi

Most GPS antennas will do fine as close to the horizon as you would ever want
to get. Tilting will
simply make multi path worse.

One thing to consider - if you get far enough north, the “hole” closes and you
can get sat tracks from the
other side of the north pole. Yes they are a *long* ways away. It’s no worse
than a lot of tracks that GPS
thinks are perfectly fine to use. For timing they aren’t going to do much good.
They will improve a navigation
fix.

Bob