Dave M wrote:

Excellent advice from Charles, especially concerning isolation criteria.
Should you be looking to distribute a standard 10 MHz frequency to various
bench instruments, I'd recommend that you take a look at Extron video
distribution amps. Several models on Ebay right now, at reasonable prices.

One particular series of Extrons is the subject of the modification instructions in my second link.

One caveat -- there are at least two "generations" of Extron video DAs. Some have discrete circuits, and some are built using high-speed, high-current opamps (the now-obsolete Comlinear CLC409).

The discrete circuits are all unmitigated CRAP. Horrible video DAs, unworkable as 10MHz/+13dBm DAs without major efforts and headaches. Absolutely not recommended.

So, if you intend to convert an Extron video DA for 50 ohm use, make sure it is one based on high-speed opamps.

To make everything just that little bit more fun, *NOTE* that Extron used some model numbers for first-generation discrete products and *re-used* the same model numbers for later-generation opamp products. One product number I'm sure this is true of is "ADA 3 180." Another may be "ADA 3 80."

I'm pretty sure that all of the models named on the cover page of my modification instructions are opamp-only.

Best regards,

Charles