That's an interesting document, thanks for the link.
For what it's worth, despite the changes to WWWB there is at least one
Spectracom 8164 still running as originally intended, well, sort of:-)
I have an 8164 in the UK that will run quite happily from MSF, although I must
admit to keeping it more for nostalgic reasons these days just because I like
it:-)

John Ackermann has some interesting observations on the 8164.....
https://www.febo.com/time-freq/wwvb/spectracom/index.html

https://www.febo.com/time-freq/wwvb/spectracom/efc.html

Nigel GM8PZR

Perhaps this has been mention before, but I found the following documentwhile
researching some details on WWVB and thought it might interest the
group:

  https://www.kevincroissant.com/WWVB/WWVB_PTTI_2018.pdf

I know that Spectracom once made a WWVB Disciplined Oscillator in the form
of the Model 8164, but I figured that this approach probably was obsolete
in the era of GPS and network-based time. However, the author seems to have
produced some interesting results.  Has anyone else built, or tried to
build a WWVB Disciplined Oscillator?

Wayne