On 7/2/19 4:09 PM, Dana Whitlow wrote:
I've always noted that casual attempts to pick up 60 Hz with small antennas
etc see more harmonics and other trash than actual line frequency.  But if
you're in an office environment, why not plug something in?  It's quite easy
to build a simple passive diode clipper/filter that will plug into a wall
outlet and
which will provide a sort of soft (but clean) squarewave at a voltage level
convenient for lab instruments and with good protection against big spikes
and
other trash riding on the line.

Safety approvals are one obstacle (of course one could use a AC wall wart).

Actually, it's because someone asked me about a science experiment where you'd place them in a neighborhood outdoors.