If your other gear survived, likely, the lightening hit was an indirect one.
If you do install more rods near antennas, it is extremely important that those
rods are connected/bonded to the house main feed grounds at service entrance
via low impedance/resistance connection.  How exactly this needs to be done is
a very deep science people make living out of.  Without this
antenna-ground-to-main-ground-connection, there will be enough potential
difference that your stuff will blow again.
In State of Florida where I live, and the lightening capital of the United
States, the code says, stick two rods in the ground and call it done.  This is
not even close to enough for lightening protection.  It's barely enough for
personal protection.  I have five rods at the moment.  I plan to add many more
as time and resource permits.  I'd like to have ten rods at least.
Good luck and let's all be safe!

---------------------------------------
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG

    On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 9:20:15 PM EDT, Joseph Gwinn
<joegw...@comcast.net> wrote:

 On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 19:01:37 -0400, time-nuts-requ...@lists.febo.com
wrote:
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:58:42 +0200
> From: Attila Kinali <att...@kinali.ch>
> To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
>     <time-nuts@lists.febo.com>
> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] GPS Antennas
>
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 12:59:06 -0400
> Dan Kemppainen <d...@irtelemetrics.com> wrote:
>
>> For the second summer in a row we were smacked with lightning. So I'm in
>> need of a new GPS antenna. Might as well look for one with multi band
>> units. I recall some talk about the cheap multi-band units on ebay that
>> that are compatible with the f9P modules. Can anyone report back how
>> they worked out?

After two hits, I'd consider a lightning rod or two near the antenna,
with the air terminal well above the antenna, but not connected to that
antenna.

Joe Gwinn