Hi

Unless you measure the change of the device over a controlled temperature
range ( like 0 to 70C ) at a controlled rate ( like < 0.1C / minute ) it’s hard
know if this or that restriction / insulation on an OCXO has “upset” its
temperature
compensation. If you “make the heater work half as hard” you may have doubled
the thermal gain. That’s big change …..

Bob