I'm probably doing something I'm not supposed to even try, but I'm trying for "proof of concept" before physically setting up a distant network because of logistical issues.
Anyway, I have tincd running as a service on two windows machines on the same lan. I'm trying to establish a connection between those two computers on the vpn ip's (10.20.30.1 and 10.20.40.1). I have confirmed that port 655 is open because each machine can ping the other on the LAN ip address (192.168.1.x) and "telnet 192.168.1.x 655" works on both machines (x=4 on one machine and 8 on the other) (it responds with "0 MachineB 17" on MachineA and "0 MachineA 17" on MachineB. ipconfig /all confirms that each computer can see itself on the 10.20.x.1 addresses. tracert gets me nothing my hosts files now look like this: MachineA Address = 192.168.1.4 Subnet = 10.20.30.0/24 -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY----- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------- -----END RSA PUBLIC KEY----- MachineB Address = 192.168.1.8 Subnet = 10.20.40.0/24 -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY----- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------- -----END RSA PUBLIC KEY----- I feel like I'm close, really close. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
