going from memory bc on my phone. u had posted a 10./24 which is 255.255.255.0.
The debug level parameter is wrong. try -D5 not -D d5 5 will be too much info so u will want a lower number. On 1/27/10, Anon <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes, my netmask was 255.255.0.0. > > With respect to the "all traffic" comment, using the (horrible) > Windows firewall does not allow > interface by interface configuration. So, if I allow all traffic on > that interface, I open it up > to all traffic on all interfaces. At least that is the way it is in > XPProSp3. So, I left my > firewall in place (which allows traffic on selected ports only, one of > which is 655). > > I could have sworn that after my last configuration edits I stopped > and restarted the service, but > I guess not, because when I rebooted both machines this morning, the > configuration shown below > worked just fine without any modifications. > > I ran debug command line, and I guess I don't have something set > properly, because nothing > much shows up in the console window. First, the console window starts with: > > C:\Program Files\tinc>tincd -n ivpn -D d5 > tincd 1.0.11 (Nov 1 2009 17:03:44) starting, debug level 0 > Tap reader running > {5227xxxx-012D-4x53-8725-588x3x4174x8} (vpn) is a Windows tap device > Ready > > At that point, the console is frozen (I can't enter any commands in > that window), which is > exactly what I expect. > > When I open another console window and tracert or ping to the other > machine, it works and there > is nothing that shows up in this console (no debug messages). This is > true whether MachineA is > accessing MachineB or the other way around. This is true whether > access is via ping, tracert or > a Windows program such as VNC (which works swimmingly I might add). > > The only thing that showed up on that console was the following: > > Bogus data received from <unknown> (192.168.1.8 port 2943) > Old connection_t for <unknown> (192.168.1.8 port 2943) status 0010 still lin > gering, deleting... > > I have no idea what would have generated that message. > > In any event, thank you for the prompt response. As is my habit, I'm > closing the loop by writing > this message so that somebody else who reviews this thread will know > of its resolution. > > ************************************************************ > > On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 07:44:43PM -0800, Anon wrote: > >>* Anyway, I have tincd running as a service on two windows machines on the > *>* same lan. I'm trying to establish a connection between those two > *>* computers on the vpn ip's (10.20.30.1 and 10.20.40.1). I have confirmed > *>* that port 655 is open because each machine can ping the other on the LAN > *>* ip address (192.168.1.x) and "telnet 192.168.1.x 655" works on both > *>* machines (x=4 on one machine and 8 on the other) (it responds with "0 > *>* MachineB 17" on MachineA and "0 MachineA 17" on MachineB. > *>* > *>* ipconfig /all confirms that each computer can see itself on the > 10.20.x.1 > *>* addresses. > *>* > *>* MachineA > *>* > *>* Address = 192.168.1.4 > *>* Subnet = 10.20.30.0/24 > *>* > *>* MachineB > *>* > *>* Address = 192.168.1.8 > *>* Subnet = 10.20.40.0/24 > * > The netmask of the VPN interface should be 255.255.0.0. Is this the case? > If > you have a fireall on the Windows machines, make sure it allows all traffic > on > the VPN interface. You can also start tinc with the options -d5 -D, this > will > not start it as a service but run in the console. You can then see what > happens > when you try tracert or anything else via the VPN. > > -- > Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards, > Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org > <http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc>> > _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
