On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Donald Pearson <[email protected]> wrote: > Are you using DHCP on these hosts or something? > > Look at the route tables again. 168 has a route to use 155 as it's gateway > for the 10.20.0.0/16 network, which as you describe the scene, is correct. > > But, looking at the route table for the tinc node, it's ip address is 115, > *not* 155.
A NonTincIP should not be able to ping a TincIP, otherwise where is the private in VPN? Wonder if you have tried pinging the NonTincIP addressess. Have to take the wife out this evening. > > On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Anon <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> Well, I'm back. I'm still trying to get a simple ping from a >> non-tinc-node on a LAN to a tinc node on that same LAN. (I'm taking >> baby steps.) >> >> I'll reprint the route prints below. >> >> To recap, tinc is running on 192.168.0.155, with a corresponding vpn >> address of 10.20.30.1. This machine can ping 192.168.0.168 with no >> problem. This machine can ping two offsite vpn nodes with no problem: >> 10.20.40.1 and 10.20.50.1. And they can, in turn, ping 10.20.30.1. >> >> 192.168.0.168 can ping 192.168.0.155 with no problem. >> >> 192.168.0.168 can not ping 10.20.30.1. This is the problem I'm trying >> to address. My goal, of course, is to allow all the computers on >> 192.168.0.x to ping 10.20.30.1 (and 10.20.40.1 and 10.20.50.1), not >> just 192.168.0.168. >> >> I previously posted the route prints from 192.168.0.155 and 192.168.0.168. >> >> I was told to add a static route to 192.168.0.168 as follows: >> >> route add 10.20.0.0 MASK 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.155 >> >> Tinc is NOT running on 192.168.0.168. >> >> On the hosts file for 192.168.0.155 (called myserv), the subnet used to >> be: >> >> Subnet = 10.20.30.1/32 >> >> I have now added the following line right below the above: >> >> Subnet = 192.168.0.0/24 >> >> The only thing I'm trying to accomplish at the moment is to ping >> 10.20.30.1 from 192.168.0.168. >> >> If anybody can suggest a step I'm missing, I'd be appreciative. >> >> 192.168.0.168 >> >> >> =========================================================================== >> Interface List >> 0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface >> 0x3 ...00 21 5c 59 d2 83 ...... Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - >> Packet Scheduler Miniport >> >> =========================================================================== >> >> =========================================================================== >> Active Routes: >> Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface >> Metric >> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.168 >> 25 >> 10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.155 192.168.0.168 1 >> 127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1 >> 192.168.123.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.168 192.168.0.168 >> 25 >> 192.168.0.168 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 >> 25 >> 192.168.123.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.168 192.168.0.168 >> 25 >> 224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.0.168 192.168.0.168 >> 25 >> 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.168 192.168.0.168 1 >> 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.168 2 1 >> 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.168 10006 1 >> 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.168 20004 1 >> Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1 >> >> =========================================================================== >> Persistent Routes: >> None >> >> 10.20.30.1/192.168.0.155 >> >> >> =========================================================================== >> Interface List >> 0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface >> 0x6 ...00 1a a0 32 88 28 ...... Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated >> Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport >> >> =========================================================================== >> >> =========================================================================== >> Active Routes: >> Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface >> Metric >> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.155 >> 20 >> 10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.20.30.1 10.20.30.1 >> 30 >> 10.20.30.1 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 >> 30 >> 10.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 10.20.30.1 10.20.30.1 >> 30 >> 127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1 >> 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.115 192.168.0.115 >> 20 >> 192.168.0.115 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 >> 20 >> 192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.115 192.168.0.115 >> 20 >> 224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 10.20.30.1 10.20.30.1 >> 30 >> 224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.0.115 192.168.0.115 >> 20 >> 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 10.20.30.1 10.20.30.1 1 >> 255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.115 192.168.0.115 1 >> Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1 >> >> =========================================================================== >> Persistent Routes: >> None >> >> >> >> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Anon <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> On .168 you need to add route 10.20.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.155 >> >> This need to be done persistent (-p) or after every boot. >> > >> >> Then try again ping 10.20.30.1 >> > >> > Did you see my latest message? It read: >> > >> > "This is what I tried: >> > >> > route ADD 10.20.0.0 MASK 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.155 >> > >> > This added the following line to the route table: >> > >> > 10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.155 192.168.0.188 1 >> > >> > But ping fails." >> > >> > Is there a step I've missed? >> > >> _______________________________________________ >> tinc mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc > > > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc > > _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
