On 7/15/2011 4:19 PM, Guus Sliepen wrote: > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 04:06:59PM -0500, Xaquseg wrote: > >> A relatively recent update (1-2 months) has introduced a fairly major >> issue where connection issues seem to cause tinc to decide that there's >> another node of the same name on the VPN, leading to it quitting. >> >> It seems that it's detecting itself somehow, through an older >> connection, perhaps? The daemon stopping itself is a major problem, >> though, as it has to be manually restarted. > > That is indeed undesirable. Could you send me the log output from tinc when > that happened, and also the log output after doing "tincd -n <netname> > -kUSR2"? > That would help me find out what is causing the incorrect behaviour.
I get a bunch of "tinc: Metadata socket read error for <various other nodes>" during the connectivity issues, with some "tinc: Possible node with same Name as us!" mixed in. After a bunch of those latter messages, I get one followed by "tinc: Shutting down, check configuration of all nodes for duplicate Names!", and tincd shuts down, as the message says. I can possibly send you a USR2 output in a private email later, but I will have to get permission to do so first. _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
