Guus Sliepen <[email protected]> writes:

>> I just wanted to compile tinc with vde interface, but found src/vde is
>> missing in tar balls of tinc-1.0.16 and tinc-1.0.14.
>
> Ah, it was indeed not put into the tarballs. This will be fixed in the next
> release.

I'm wondering myself how I got vde running the last time... anyway never mind.

>> I remember once I have compiled vde on tinc-1.0.14. Is it removed
>> intentionally? I couldn't find an update in ChangeLog.
>
> Support for VDE was added first in 1.0.16. Maybe you used uml_socket instead?

Maybe, my memory is fuzzy. Actually I deleted a running tinc with vde by
accident (with rsync --delete). And yeah, I was using uml_socket before
vde was out.

>> Besides, the newest code in git fails to compile, because of a redefined
>> extern static variable in src/vde/device.c. I need to remove the offencing
>> line to compile.
>
> This is now fixed, try out the latest version from git!

It works! Cool!

> Is VDE support working well for you? If you have any comments, let me know.

Yeah, the main purpose is a relay node with normal user permission. At
this sense, uml_socket, dummy and vde are the same.

Sometimes I connect a vdeslirp to it as a gateway and sometimes a user
mode linux (I prefer to use Gentoo Prefix in place of UML recently). It
is very handy :)

-- 
XU Benda
Research Center for Neutrino Science
Tohoku University
JAPAN

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda

Attachment: pgpD3NBYrm5gs.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to