On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:22:36AM +0100, Håvard Rabbe wrote:

> This worked well:)
> > ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var 
> 
> But  I can't get tinc to start automatically.
> This is what I have tried so far:
> I copied the file you sent me and placed it in /etc/init.d/. Renamed to tinc
> I then made it executable with the command 'chmod +x tinc'
> Then I used the update-rc.d command like this: 'update-rc.d tinc defaults 98 
> 02'

That's indeed the way to do it.

> The nets.boot file contains the name of the directory where the config files 
> are stored.
> But tinc is not starting when the computer is booting.
> 
> I beleive the paths to tincd and tincctl is correct in the tinc script. On my 
> computer they are stored in /usr/sbin. The same as in the script file.
> 
> If I try to run '/etc/init.d/tinc start' manually but nothing is happening.

If you do not even see "Starting tinc daemons: ...", then the $DAEMON variable
does not point to tincd. Otherwise, if it says it is starting tinc daemons but
doesn't list any nets, then your nets.boot file is not correct.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to