I run a small cluster of routers using tinc in routed mode, and all my roaming clients also can connect using tinc. Sometimes however I have the need to connect to a particular network using a bridged VPN. For this I use OpenVPN in bridged mode, and connect directly to the one network directly for that need. The cool thing too is that your can tell OpenVPN to push your tinc routes, so you can still have access to the mesh through the OpenVPN connection.

On 3/23/2013 4:13 AM, Narcissus Emi wrote:

definitely yes. They can run concurrently, but you should pick a different interface name when use it together

2013/03/23 18:09 "CoderForFun" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>:

    Hello,

       I've a OpenVPN linuxbox (a VPS) and I want also to join it into
    a Tinc network.

       Can I install tinc even if there is a OpenVPN server running ?
    There is any to know
    before doing this ?

    Thanks!


    _______________________________________________
    tinc mailing list
    [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
    http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc



_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to