Hi,

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 08:57:10AM -0600, Lance Fredrickson wrote:
> Sounds like from your post you must be using 'tap' mode, since you
> talk of broadcasts over the VPN.   I would imagine there wouldn't be
> such issues if running in 'tun' mode.

Right. But bridging with a local LAN would be impossible, and as I need
broadcast for other applications as well, this is not an option.

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 09:09:29AM -0600, Lance Fredrickson wrote:
> Looking at the docs, it appears LocalDiscovery should be off by
> default. You could also try explicitly placing 'LocalDiscovery = no'
> in your configs.

I didn't try it, but something tells me this will not help a lot at
makin local discovery work. Correct me if I am wrong.

For now, I went with the iptables solution and discovery is no longer
made on the tunnel. However, for some reason Tinc stopped doing local
discovery completely - I do not see any broadcasts on the LAN. I simply
set LocalDiscovery = yes in tinc.conf, but no broadcasts seem to happen.

Any hints?

-nik

-- 
# apt-assassinate --help
Usage: apt-assassinate [upstream|maintainer] <package>

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to