Hey guys, Stumbled upon tinc a few days ago - looks great.
I'm having trouble setting up a simple VPN between two machines that are unfirewalled, one is a physical machine and another is a local VM. I can connect to them via their existing LAN IPs and ping them without issue with < 1ms. 1) I have WinA (Windows host - existing LAN IP 192.168.137.1) and LinuxB (Linux host - existing LAN IP 192.168.137.150) 2) I want them to exist in a Class A address of 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 3) I have a netname of "vpn" chosen. I am using 1.0 on LinuxB and 1.1 on WinA. WinA has this /vpn/tinc.conf: --- Name = WinA AddressFamily = ipv4 ConnectTo = LinuxB PrivateKeyFile = c:\Program Files (x86)\tinc\vpn\rsa_key.priv --- LinuxB has this /vpn/tinc.conf: --- Name = LinuxB AddressFamily = ipv4 PrivateKeyFile = /etc/tinc/vpn/rsa_key.priv --- 4) My hosts files on both hosts are: /vpn/hosts/WinA: Address = 192.168.137.1 Subnet = 10.0.0.0/8 /vpn/hosts/LinuxB: Address = 192.168.137.150 Subnet = 10.0.0.0/8 5) My WinA host has the following network adapter settings chosen: IP Address: 10.0.0.1 Netmask: 255.0.0.0 Default Gateway: blank 6) My LinuxB host has the following tinc-up command: #!/bin/sh ifconfig $INTERFACE 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.0.0.0 7) I can establish a connection (supposedly?) between the two hosts: http://pastebin.com/K8W9wnsr Pretty confused why this is not working. Cheers, Andrew
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
