On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 12:07:48PM +0000, [email protected] wrote:

> I have been chatting with Tobias Volk, the author of PeerVPN, and I
> did ask about the fragmentation support in PeerVPN.
> 
> He replied:
> 
> "this is not necessary since PeerVPN fragments/reassembles packets
> itself."
> 
> Perhaps this is a more recent development, or I have misunderstood.

Ah, you are correct, I see now it has a hardcoded maximum payload size of 1024
bytes, and indeed handles fragmentation and reassembly itself.

> If Tinc is not doing key regeneration every hour, what else is the
> TCP connection used for, if not exchange keys. Does it send data
> over regularly to keep firewall state active?

It does send keepalive packets over TCP as well to keep the connection alive.

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet / with kind regards,
     Guus Sliepen <[email protected]>

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to