Hello,

are there reasons why all the examples for debian and ubuntu explain how
to setup tinc to start from the init job /etc/init.d/tinc and
/etc/tinc/nets.boot and why there are no examples or tutorials on howto
start tinc from /etc/network/interfaces ?

Using /etc/network/interfaces I have a perfectly running tinc vpn with
an unprivileged user, locked memory and a chroot jail plus converted
tinc-up and tinc-down scripts.

>From my /etc/network/interfaces:
auto VPN
iface VPN inet static
        address 192.168.100.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        post-up /etc/tinc/VPN/vpn_tinc-up
        post-down /etc/tinc/VPN/vpn_tinc-down
        TINC_NET VPN
        TINC_CHROOT yes
        TINC_MLOCK yes
        TINC_USER tincvpn

Question: If I have machines A,B and C in my tinc vpn and if I then add
machine D and only have the host file /etc/tinc/VPN/hosts/D on machine C
and /etc/tinc/VPN/hosts/C on machine D, will D be still able to talk to
machines A and B ? Is this what the host options StrictSubnets = yes and
TunnelServer = yes are about ?

BR
P.

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to