Hello Guus, > I guess because the init job was there first. Support for > /etc/network/interfaces came later.
Would you accept a small tutorial for the website where I explain howto duplicate my setup through /etc/network/interfaces once I finish ? >> Using /etc/network/interfaces I have a perfectly running tinc vpn with >> an unprivileged user, locked memory and a chroot jail plus converted >> tinc-up and tinc-down scripts. > > Why did you use converted tinc-up/down scripts at all? You can put everything > that is in those inside /etc/network/interfaces. I use the converted tinc-up and tinc-down to build some iptables rules and then tear them down again. Also I use them to log to syslog that an vpn connection has been established or terminated. How would I do that with /etc/network/interfaces ? >> Question: If I have machines A,B and C in my tinc vpn and if I then add >> machine D and only have the host file /etc/tinc/VPN/hosts/D on machine C >> and /etc/tinc/VPN/hosts/C on machine D, will D be still able to talk to >> machines A and B ? > > Yes. > >> Is this what the host options StrictSubnets = yes and >> TunnelServer = yes are about ? > > Those options those can indeed be used to limit which nodes can talk to which > other nodes. There is also IndirectData, DirectData and Forwarding. > I could not see a DirectData option in the tinc 1.0 man page for tinc.conf or in the PDF for 1.0 or 1.1 on the tinc website. Is there a difference between IndirectData <=> DirectData ? So if I set StrictSubnets = yes, then the tinc vpn daemon will only talk to the machine for which it has host files present in /etc/tinc/VPN/hosts/, correct ? BR _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
