My 1st guess would be IP or MAC address conflicts.
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Matthew Tolle <[email protected]> wrote: > > Howdy Folks, > > I've got a 5 node setup here. My server "home" is the primary server that > all other servers connect to. The configs on all the servers look like this: > > # cat /etc/tinc/home/hosts/node1 > Subnet = 10.2.0.0/16 > Address = 192.168.2.1 > > <RSA KEY> > > # cat /etc/tinc/home/hosts/node2 > Subnet = 10.3.0.0/16 > Address = 192.168.3.1 > > <RSA KEY> > > Etc. All the hosts are setup the same. > > # /sbin/tinc -n home dump subnets > 10.1.0.0/16 owner home > 10.2.0.0/16 owner node1 > 10.3.0.0/16 owner node2 > 10.4.0.0/16 owner node3 > 10.5.0.0/16 owner node4 > > # cat /etc/tinc/home/tinc-up > ifconfig $INTERFACE 10.2.0.10 netmask 255.0.0.0 > ifconfig $INTERFACE up > > # cat tinc.conf > Name = node1 > ConnectTo = home > Mode = router > AddressFamily = ipv4 > PingInterval = 600 > PingTimeout = 15 > > 4 out of 5 nodes work just fine. Node 2 however has issues. It does work > fine for 5-30m and then pauses my connection to it. It's still up. I can't > ping it over the "pause time" with 0% packet loss. Any TCP connection over > the link just pauses for a while. The odd thing is it doesn't timeout. In > an SSH session to the box over the tinc link I'll type "ps -ef" and 10m > later I'll get the response. SSH should timeout way before then so I'm not > sure what's going on. It's not like that all the time. I get maybe 15-30m > when it's working just fine and then 10m of network pause. While my SSH > session is paused I can see that the app on the server is talking to my > primary node over the tunnel. That seems odd. > > The app on the node side seems happy and can reach everything it needs to. > No sign of issue there. It only seems to be an issue over the tinc tunnel. > It kind of feels like maybe something is routing the IP space in a > different direction for a period of time and then it comes back. If that > were the case my TCP ssh connection would timeout well before the > connection returns to life. > > Has anyone seen anything like this? I've poked at a bunch of things to try > and pinpoint the issue. So far no love. > > The routing table looks fine and the same on all of them: > > Kernel IP routing table > Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use > Iface > 0.0.0.0 192.168.3.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 > eth0 > 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 > home > 192.168.3.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 > eth0 > > Nothing else in node2's area uses 10. space. > > Any ideas I would appreciate it. > > Thanks, > > -Matt > _______________________________________________ > tinc mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc >
_______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
