Hi Donald,

Thanks for the idea. I didn't even think about MAC conflicts. I checked all the 
servers that participate in the tinc network and they are different. The tunnel 
link all look like this: 

home Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

Those links are POINTOPOINT connections so I think that's ok. I don't think I 
need to makeup and set a MAC address for each of those do I?

I'll poke around and check the other servers at node2 site to see if there are 
any conflicts there.. but I doubt there is. 

-Matt

On Jan 21, 2014, at 7:05 AM, Donald Pearson <[email protected]> wrote:

> My 1st guess would be IP or MAC address conflicts.
> 
> 
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Matthew Tolle <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Howdy Folks,
> 
> I've got a 5 node setup here. My server "home" is the primary server that all 
> other servers connect to. The configs on all the servers look like this:
> 
> # cat /etc/tinc/home/hosts/node1
> Subnet  = 10.2.0.0/16
> Address = 192.168.2.1
> 
> <RSA KEY>
> 
> # cat /etc/tinc/home/hosts/node2
> Subnet  = 10.3.0.0/16
> Address = 192.168.3.1
> 
> <RSA KEY>
> 
> Etc. All the hosts are setup the same.
> 
> # /sbin/tinc -n home dump subnets
> 10.1.0.0/16 owner home
> 10.2.0.0/16 owner node1
> 10.3.0.0/16 owner node2
> 10.4.0.0/16 owner node3
> 10.5.0.0/16 owner node4
> 
> # cat /etc/tinc/home/tinc-up
> ifconfig $INTERFACE 10.2.0.10 netmask 255.0.0.0
> ifconfig $INTERFACE up
> 
> # cat tinc.conf
> Name = node1
> ConnectTo = home
> Mode = router
> AddressFamily = ipv4
> PingInterval = 600
> PingTimeout = 15
> 
> 4 out of 5 nodes work just fine. Node 2 however has issues. It does work fine 
> for 5-30m and then pauses my connection to it. It's still up. I can't ping it 
> over the "pause time" with 0% packet loss. Any TCP connection over the link 
> just pauses for a while. The odd thing is it doesn't timeout. In an SSH 
> session to the box over the tinc link I'll type "ps -ef" and 10m later I'll 
> get the response. SSH should timeout way before then so I'm not sure what's 
> going on. It's not like that all the time. I get maybe 15-30m when it's 
> working just fine and then 10m of network pause. While my SSH session is 
> paused I can see that the app on the server is talking to my primary node 
> over the tunnel. That seems odd.
> 
> The app on the node side seems happy and can reach everything it needs to. No 
> sign of issue there. It only seems to be an issue over the tinc tunnel. It 
> kind of feels like maybe something is routing the IP space in a different 
> direction for a period of time and then it comes back. If that were the case 
> my TCP ssh connection would timeout well before the connection returns to 
> life.
> 
> Has anyone seen anything like this? I've poked at a bunch of things to try 
> and pinpoint the issue. So far no love.
> 
> The routing table looks fine and the same on all of them:
> 
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> 0.0.0.0         192.168.3.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
> 10.0.0.0        0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0 home
> 192.168.3.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
> 
> Nothing else in node2's area uses 10. space.
> 
> Any ideas I would appreciate it.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> -Matt
> _______________________________________________
> tinc mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tinc mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

_______________________________________________
tinc mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc

Reply via email to