-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Am 06.02.2015 um 22:02 schrieb Guus Sliepen: > On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:53:36PM +0100, Flynn Marquardt wrote: > >>> Could it be that the Subnet declaration was on the last line of the >>> file? There is a bug in 1.0.13 (fixed in 1.0.14) that causes it to >>> ignore the last line of a config file if it doesn't end with a newline >>> character. You might have fixed it when you replaced it with two /9 >>> Subnets. If so, try changing it back to one /8 again. >> I also thought on this potential source of problem (other daemons do >> often have this problem too) >> and already moved the line up - it did not help ... > > Hm, I just checked myself and tinc 1.0.13 seems to accept /8 Subnets > just fine. Can you reproduce it and send me an exact copy of the config > file containing the /8 Subnet? I also tried to reproduce the problem in an isolated configuration with version 1.0.13, but
at the moment I cannot reproduce the failing configuration anymore ... (not with 1.0.13 nor with 1.0.24 ...) As I remember the following may happened: - - I changed the configuration using /8 subnet in the host configuration - - I reloaded tinc through kill -HUP or /etc/init.d/tinc reload (which seems to not enough for such a change) - - I changed the configuration using two /9 subnets - - now I restarted tinc - and it worked Now it works with /8-subnet too. A subnet change in the host configuration file needs restart of tinc, not only a reload. That was the real source of my problem. (this is reproducable: change/remove a subnet line, do kill -HUP, nothing changes in the subnet list) -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1 iEYEARECAAYFAlTVOQQACgkQCU362QD15RIDxQCeP5k5gq6mlYp/2JBH1uPqrXNM fx8AnjHlWyd6jHz67Qa4I2FPYntnMwJM =jH71 -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- _______________________________________________ tinc mailing list [email protected] http://www.tinc-vpn.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tinc
