Hi, Michael,

The abort is fine. We could replace it with a different error message, but it
would remain an error; the input simply is fuzzed nonsense.

Note for future fuzzing: a core dump due to an abort is actually a good sign,
it's not similar to e.g. a core dump due to a segfault (hinting at random
memory overwrites or suchlike, which could potentially be abused). The abort
due to an assert means that someone thought and explicitely tested for
situations which shouldn't occur, exactly so that further problems downstream
can't materialize.

So: assert --> fine, segfault --> potentially interesting.

Thanks for your prompt fix and detailed explanation. I am kind of new to the
language fuzzing area. So it is very appreciated that you can give such
guidance. It is also great that you can fix those bugs in such a short time,
which makes it possible for me to learn more about the root cause.

Best,
Zhuo