I'm a little unclear on the concept here...

I'm guessing that "turn the LED ON" means that you are
trying to send a message through TOSBase to a re-Mote that is
running whatever program that knows to flash LEDs for that message.
I forget, is that the SimpleCmd demo app?

How are you sending the packet from the PC?
And where is the suspected hex to char conversion happening?

It sort of sounds like you are using a terminal emulator like
Hyperterm to send the string of chars:
"7E 42 FF FF 00 7d 0b 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 69 b0 7E".

If that is so, then what you need to do instead is send the actual
binary byte values, not the string. To do this you probably need to
use a program like tools/java/net/tinyos/tools/Send.java, although
I have seen indications of other people on this list getting a term
to work for them.

Also look at how the tools/oscope java code and the Oscilloscope demo
app make a 'reset' message. And for a truly confusing experience you
can rummage in my code for the message format/send/recv/parse stuff:
    http://www.etantdonnes.com/Motes/robocode.tar.gz

MS

Liliane Fegard wrote:
I found some previous postings having the same question but with no answer.
How can I change the TOSBase code so when I send a packet from my PC to the MIB510 of the following format:
7E 42 FF FF 00 7d 0b 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  69 b0 7E

42----packet without achknowledgments
FFFF---Broadcast Address
00: AM Handler
7d: Group ID
0b: payload length (11 bytes....coz when I run the BcastInject code I got sending payload 11000000000)

01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00: the payload...in order to turn the LED ON (based on the SimpleCmd apps)

69 b0: the crc calculated using the code found in BcastInject

When I send this packet the led should turn on....but I got nothing???
I think because the UART understand characters so It is converting the hexadecimal to characters when receiving the packet. My question is how to change the TinyOS applications to convert the characters again to hexadecimal.

N.B: I am trying to send the packet without the use of BcastInject.

Thanks in advance,

Liliane.