Hi Raja,

Yes, the Blackbook cross-platform compatible file system is now available in
the TinyOS-1.x CVS under /contrib/rincon.  So far, I have it running on
mica2, mica2dot, micaz, and telosb motes.

To get started, you should install the
/apps/Blackbook3/demos/BlackbookConnect application on the mote, with the
com.rincon.blackbook.BlackbookConnect java
app running through serial forwarder on the computer.  This will give you
direct access to the Blackbook interface running on the mote from a command
line interface.  There are examples in the blackbookconnect_readme.txt in
the /demos/BlackbookConnect directory.

There's also another Java app that runs with the BlackbookConnect nesC
application called MemoryStick -
com.rincon.blackbook.memorystick.MemoryStick.  This will let you
upload/download/delete/etc. files on the mote.  The readme is in the
demos/BlackbookConnect directory as well, called memorystick_readme.txt

This version of Blackbook actually takes up quite a bit of ROM - about 24kB,
which is a bit frightening.  Since I'm planning on using this file system in
deployable mote systems, I am working on getting the ROM size down at the
expense of data throughput.  Those updates are being made now and we should
have another version soon.  The Blackbook interface itself will stay the
same - there may be another command added, but the existing commands won't
change.  That way, people can start developing apps using Blackbook, and
then just install the slimmed down version when it's available.

-David