I am trying to connect mote and matlab 7.0 in window XP.
Since there is some errors in tutorial when setup matlab environment, I had fixed errors by web search.
I think that the setup is correct since I got the packet from mote:

Dropping packet with bad group ID:1A 00 00 00 00 00 7E 00 0A 7D 01 00 EE FC 01 00 FE 0A EF 0A FE 0A EF 0A E3 0A E3 0A E6 0A E3 0A F0 0A E6 0A
For bad group ID, I changed the mote ID from 0x7d to 0xdd.
Next, I reconnected the mote. But I faced another problems.

For same group ID, I got the following errors.
In matlab command window, typed
    msg=net.tinyos.oscope.OscopeMsg
    receive('printMsg', msg)

and got the erros

    ??? Error using ==> ctranspose
    Transpose on an array with opaque indexing is not defined.

    Error in ==> receive at 63
    COMM.messageType{end+1}=message';

    Error in ==> receive at 30
    receive(functionName, message, COMM.connectionName{:});

Hence, I replaced COMM.messageType{end+1}=message; with COMM.messageType{end+1}=message; which is not transposed.

Then, the errors are eliminated. But I had other problem as below when packet was received

??? Error using ==> printMsg
Too many input arguments.

??? Error using ==> printMsg
Too many input arguments.