Joe,

yeah, my configuration is as follows: I have 10 motes, five of them
are connected to the inverter/amplifier/dimmer group. This means I
need three hubs, each of them with four usb outputs. For this
experiment only these 5 motes are connected, and my hub configuration
is as follows:

All three hubs are connected to the 220V net. An USB cable connects
the computer with the first hub. On this hub, three of the outputs can
be used to connect motes, the fourth has a USB cable connecting it to
the second hub, and on this one a USB cable connects it to the third
hub, so all the outputs are connected to the computer.

Since there aren't enough sockets on the wall, the hubs are all
connected to one of those "socket replicators", which in turn is
connected to a bigger one which is connected to the wall.

- Jose.