On Jul 20, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Jay Taneja wrote:

I did have a classpath issue which I resolved (the RadioCountToLeds and RadioSenseToLeds apps now compile correctly), however I am still having difficulty with the JNI. I wiped my entire tree and followed the directions from the "Upgrading" webpage a couple times - no dice. I even downloaded an entire tinyos-2.x tree from sourceforge - also didn't work. Involved in this process was getting the tree, running the bootstrap, configure, make, and make install inside the "tools" directory and running make in the support/sdk/java directory as well. I am rerunning the jni install script too (even though it gets run when I upgrade using the tinyos- tools RPM). Here are the errors I get when I attempt to run SerialForwarder:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps
$ java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder
The toscomm JNI library was not found.
Check that your tinyos-tools package is installed and try
rerunning tos-install-jni.
Aborting.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps
$ tos-install-jni
Installing Java JNI code in /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/ jdk1.5.0_06/jre/bin .
..
done.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps
$ java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder
The toscomm JNI library was not found.
Check that your tinyos-tools package is installed and try
rerunning tos-install-jni.
Aborting.

Apparently, someone else ran into this problem in March but received no response:

http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2006- March/015723.html

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-jay

tos-install-jni runs correctly (does not output an error)?

Maybe you have two versions of java on your machine, tos-install-jni is installing support on one, but then you're invoking the other?

What Java are you using?

This sounds like a problem where tos-install-jni is not putting the files in the right place.

Phil