Here's the output of java -version:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/TestNPrintF
$ java -version
java version "1.4.1_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)

Since a labmate is running 1.5.0, I upgraded and now it works.

Thanks.

-jay

On 7/20/06, Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Jul 20, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Jay Taneja wrote:

> I did have a classpath issue which I resolved (the RadioCountToLeds
> and RadioSenseToLeds apps now compile correctly), however I am
> still having difficulty with the JNI. I wiped my entire tree and
> followed the directions from the "Upgrading" webpage a couple times
> - no dice. I even downloaded an entire tinyos-2.x tree from
> sourceforge - also didn't work. Involved in this process was
> getting the tree, running the bootstrap, configure, make, and make
> install inside the "tools" directory and running make in the
> support/sdk/java directory as well. I am rerunning the jni install
> script too (even though it gets run when I upgrade using the tinyos-
> tools RPM). Here are the errors I get when I attempt to run
> SerialForwarder:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps
> $ java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder
> The toscomm JNI library was not found.
> Check that your tinyos-tools package is installed and try
> rerunning tos-install-jni.
> Aborting.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps
> $ tos-install-jni
> Installing Java JNI code in /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/
> jdk1.5.0_06/jre/bin .
> ..
> done.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /opt/tinyos- 2.x/apps
> $ java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder
> The toscomm JNI library was not found.
> Check that your tinyos-tools package is installed and try
> rerunning tos-install-jni.
> Aborting.
>
> Apparently, someone else ran into this problem in March but
> received no response:
>
> http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2006-
> March/015723.html
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> -jay

tos-install-jni runs correctly (does not output an error)?

Maybe you have two versions of java on your machine, tos-install-jni
is installing support on one, but then you're invoking the other?

What Java are you using?

This sounds like a problem where tos-install-jni is not putting the
files in the right place.

Phil