On Sep 11, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Adam Scheuring wrote:

Dear list members,
Im making measurements of received radio signal strength of micaz
motes. My setup contains a transmitter and a receiver. The receiver is
connected to a MIB520 board and im changing the distance between the
transmitter and the receiver to get a rssi-range characteristic.
I have the following "problem": i have programmed the transmitter's
radio to 0dBm and -25dBm transmit power and the none the
characteristic nor the values were changed significantly. I have
checked that they are really programmed to different transmit power
leves by checking the maximum transmit range, but the RSSI values were
nearly the same in both cases.
Is it possible that the RSSI calculates with the transmitter's power?
I have only found this in the Chipcon CC2420 datasheet:

It's not calculated with the transmitter's power. You should see different RSSI values.

My best guess is that the way you're changing the transmit power isn't working.

Phil