-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Philip
Levis
Sent: 11 September 2006 17:36
To: Adam Scheuring
Cc: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] RSSI value on micaz

On Sep 11, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Adam Scheuring wrote:

> Dear list members,
> Im making measurements of received radio signal strength of micaz
> motes. My setup contains a transmitter and a receiver. The receiver is
> connected to a MIB520 board and im changing the distance between the
> transmitter and the receiver to get a rssi-range characteristic.
> I have the following "problem": i have programmed the transmitter's
> radio to 0dBm and -25dBm transmit power and the none the
> characteristic nor the values were changed significantly. I have
> checked that they are really programmed to different transmit power
> leves by checking the maximum transmit range, but the RSSI values were
> nearly the same in both cases.
> Is it possible that the RSSI calculates with the transmitter's power?
> I have only found this in the Chipcon CC2420 datasheet:

It's not calculated with the transmitter's power. You should see
different RSSI values.

My best guess is that the way you're changing the transmit power
isn't working.

Phil

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY