-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Moss
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:02 PM
To: 'Michael Schippling'
Cc: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: RE: [Tinyos-help] repeating tests,no free memory

I'm not sure what's going on here with the micaz schematics or how it's
implemented in software.  I know on the mica2 schematics, the flash is
controlled by USART1 and the CC1000 is controlled by the SPI_xyz lines:
http://www.tinyos.net/hardware/design/ORCAD_FILES/MICA2/6310-0306-01ACLE
AN.p
df

I assume the micaz is the same way - using PortB's SPI lines to control
the radio and PortD's USART1 to control the flash.  If that's the case,
then they are two different ports and there shouldn't be a conflict with
using the flash and the radio at the same time.

Unless, of course, there's some low level component that enjoys starting
conflicts between the two.  Which - this is TinyOS 1.x remember - could
be a plausible excuse.