I sent an email earlier asking details about the internal data structures in the nesC compiler. Since that time, I have stepped through the processing of a particular file and, regrettably, have been unable to determine how a source file is stored in the program tree (i.e., AST). When I walk through the data tree, it appears that the "ast" and "cdecl" fields cycle back on themselves. Also, I have tried to analyze the structs using the 'kind' field as a key, like the abstract-style of programming of the 80s, but the field does not change from "internal", "component", and "post_nesc_decl". I would like to add a preprocessor to the source-tree data structure using some externally defined rules. Could anyone please tell me or give me some pointers as to the overall data structures? For example, I can find the definition of the structs for the individual statements ('goto', 'if', 'while', etc.), but I can't find the instances pointed at with the variable 'ast' on line "nesc_semantics.c:278". Similarly, I can find neither the 'implementation' block ("imodule" in bison file) nor the "requires_or_provides_list" (in the bison file) block in the AST. Does anyone have some ideas here?
Thanks!
-Sean Walton
UofU, SoC
PhD student