That jni install _should_ work but who knows....
I gather you are on MSWidows, so putting a .so someplace
won't help, you need to use getenv.dll

I put mine in windows/system32 which is (almost) always in
the PATH so everything should be able to find it. Putting
libs in the JRE tree _should_ work, but I just don't trust em,
and there's usually two for every JDK install (in the JDK and
some-other-secret-place for browsers and such), and I keep
switching JRE's anyway.

You do want the windows javax.comm package which I have squirreled
a copy at: http://www.etantdonnes.com/TMP/javacomm20-win32.zip
I think that install does put the .dll in system32 but check after.
It also puts comm.jar in jre/lib/ext and javax.comm.properties
in jre/lib

MS

Bibudh Lahiri wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to run the Oscilloscope application. I did the following from within /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/java

/make/

/export [EMAIL PROTECTED]:mica2/

/java net.tinyos.tools.Listen/

The third command gave the following error:

/getenv JNI library not found. Env.getenv will not work/

/(please consult installation directions in tinyos-1.x/tools/java/net/tinyos/util/Env.INSTALL) /

/Error on [EMAIL PROTECTED]:9001: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect /

As per the instructions in tinyos-1.x/tools/java/net/tinyos/util/Env.INSTALL, I did the following:

/cd tinyos-1.x/tools/java/jni/

/make install/

Then, as per someone's suggestion on the net, I copied libgetenv.so from /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/java/jni to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\lib\i386, as my JDK is installed in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0. But the problem is still occurring.

Also, while installing TinyOS as per the instructions given in

http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-1.x/doc/install.html <http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-1.x/doc/install.html>,

while installing the javax.comm package, the zip file that I obtained from Sun's site was named comm2.0.3.zip, not javacomm20-win32.zip . Is the win32com.dll file supposed to be contained within javacomm20-win32.zip? comm2.0.3.zip didn't yield any such file on unzipping, nor did it give any javax.comm.properties file. Have I downloaded the wrong file than? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance
                         Bibudh Lahiri